Public Works – FAQ

Who takes care of the broken/cracked sidewalks?

Sidewalk problems or complaints should be reported to the Public Works Department – 953-946-7386.

Trees need to be trimmed or cut, who does this?

Tree trimming on public property is a function of the Public Works Department. Tree trimming is done periodically and on an as-needed basis.

Who is responsible for the mowing of right-of-ways or ponds?

The Public Works Department.

How do I get our street on the repaving list?

Streets are evaluated for degradation, structural integrity, and volume of traffic then rated by priority and need based on the annual budget.

Who fixes the potholes and sweeps the streets?

The Public Works Department maintains the public roads within the City. Problems or requests for service can be reported to the Public Works Department – 954-946-7386.

Who do I call for streetlights that are out?

You may report streetlight problems directly to the Public Works Department (954-946-7386) or residents may contact FPL directly at 1-800-4outage (1-800-468-8243) or online at to report lights that are out.

When is garbage and recycling picked up?

The City provides garbage collection to all residential homes within the City limits. Garbage is picked up two (2) days a week. The service area is divided into three (3) sections: Recycling is picked up one (1) time a week.

How is yard trash picked up?

Bulk and yard trash is picked up twice a week on your regularly scheduled trash pickup days. Containers should not exceed fifty (50) pounds in weight or thirty-two (32) gallons in size. Bundles must be tied and are not to exceed four (4) feet in length. Construction materials will not be picked up.

Where do I call for large volume trash pick up or special items?

There is no need to schedule an appointement for large bulk items. They may be placed at the curb on your regular trash pickup days. If you require further assistance you may call the Public Works Department at 954-946-7386.

My trash wasn’’t picked up, – who do I call?

For missed trash or recycling pickups, please contact Waste Management at 954-974-7500/Option #3.

When do you spray for mosquitoes?

Mosquito complaints should be directed to Broward County Mosquito Control 954-765-4062.